10 min read
5 Protein-Packed Sweet and Satisfying Breakfast Recipes
Looking for some tasty breakfast recipes that are healthy? Read below to find our favorite 5 protein-packed sweet and satisfying breakfast recipes that you make to satisfy your hunger.
Here are our favorite protein-packed sweet and satisfying breakfast recipes:
Vegan Protein Pop Tarts
- 1 3/4 cups flour (I used half whole-wheat pastry, half unbleached all-purpose)
- 1/4 cup Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup cold vegan butter
- 2-4 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 heaping cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp raw sugar for topping (optional / plus more for sweetening compote filling)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- 1 splash almond or soy milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place berries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5-8 minutes with a lid on, stirring occasionally. Add 3 tsp of sugar. Transfer to a bowl to cool.-For the crust, mix flour and salt in a large bowl, then cut in butter with a fork or pastry cutter until well combined.
- Drizzle cold water over the mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until it starts to form a dough.-Turn onto a floured surface, shape into a disc, and then use a rolling pin to roll into a large rectangle.
- Cut into 12 equal squares and transfer each to the baking sheet.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling onto half of the squares , leaving a 1/4 inch border to seal the edges. Then use your finger to dot water around the edges so the two squares stick together. Top the squares with their matching halves and then seal lightly with a fork. Poke a few holes in the top of each, rub a tiny bit of vegan butter on top of each, sprinkle with raw sugar, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the glaze, combine powdered sugar with vanilla and melted butter and whisking in almond milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Then top with glaze.
Protein Sticky Buns
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 packet rapid-rise instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Coffee Coconut + MCTs Clean Lean Protein
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Microwave the almond milk and vegan butter until warm and melted, It should be warm but not too hot or it will kill the yeast. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes, then add sugar and the salt and stir.
- Next add in flour and 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with avocado oil or other neutral oil, and add your dough ball back in. Roll around to coat all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- While dough is rising, make the sticky glaze by mixing butter and brown sugar and spreading it in an even layer on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Top with pecans and set aside.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a thin rectangle. Brush with melted vegan butter and top with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough. Then with a serrated knife, cut the dough into 1.5 - 2 inch sections and position in your 8x8 dish with the glaze layer on the bottom. Cover with plastic wrap and set on top of the oven to let it briefly rise again while you preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, carefully invert, and then serve immediately.
Cinnamon Raisin Bagels
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Place warm water in a large bowl and add yeast, 3 tbsp of brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and salt; mix well.
- Next, add in flour and protein to form a soft dough that doesn't stick to the bottom of the bowl.
- You can use a dough hook or your hands, but continue to knead, until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Next, place dough in a bowl coated with oil, and cover the top allowing it to rise in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 12 balls. Push your thumb through the center to form a 1 inch hole. Stretch the dough to form an even ring.
- Cover, place in warm place and let rise again for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water and add remaining brown sugar; bringing water to a boil.
- Drop bagels, two at a time, into boiling water. Cook for 1 minute on both sides. Remove and drain well on paper towels.
- Place bagels on baking sheets and bake for 18 mins. Makes 1 dozen bagels.
Protein Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe courtesy of our friend @healthywaysfordays
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I used all purpose)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar of choice (I used coconut)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 scoops Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup vegan butter
- Warm the almond milk in a bowl. Stir in the maple syrup, sprinkle yeast on top, and set aside ~5 minutes.
- In a different bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tsp cinnamon. Stir coconut oil and vanilla into the milk mixture, then stir into the dry-ingredient bowl to form a dough. Place ball in a coated bowl, and set in a warm place for about an hour.
- “Knead” the dough with your hands for 5 min, adding a little flour as you do it so the dough isn’t sticking to your hands. Roll dough into a very thin rectangle. Stir together cinnamon protein layer ingredients, and spread over the dough.
- Cut long strips, then roll each up as tightly as possible. Place in a coated 9×13 pyrex. Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake rolls 20 minutes.
- For the icing, I used 1 cup of powdered sugar and a dash of vanilla almond milk to make a sweet little drizzle and drown the rolls in it.
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 flax eggs
- Hu Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a loaf pan using cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.