4 Best Protein Bread Recipes (That are Better Than the Real Thing)
While a nice slice of bread may be a treat, traditional bread is full of empty calories and is for the most part empty calories. Instead of choosing these nutritionally devoid bread choices, you can make your own protein breads with wholesome, simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. Here are the four best protein bread recipes that all are packed with protein due to Clean Lean Protein.
ULTIMATE PROTEIN BREAD
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 scoops Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 cup water (room temperature)
- 1 cup almond milk (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon agave or black strap molasses
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Mix dry ingredients, minus yeast and sunflower seeds, in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to your bread machine pan. Pour dry ingredients over wet without mixing. Create a small divot in the middle of the dry ingredients and insert the yeast there.
- Set the bread machine for a 1 1/2 lb loaf with light crust and add sunflower seeds to fruit/nut tray. If your machine doesn't have a fruit/nut tray, simply add sunflower seeds on top of dry ingredients in the machine.
- Set machine function to fruit/nut mode and activate cycle. Once the bread is in the quick kneading stage, add additional tablespoons of flour, as needed, for the dough to pull away from the side of the pan to form a smooth ball. Cook time is approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan once the cycle is complete and remove the loaf from the plan. Let the bread cool on a cooling rack. Store covered in foil on the counter for up to 2-3 days.
EASY PROTEIN CORNBREAD
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground corn meal
- 1 tablespoon Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add water and mix.
- Coat a glass custard cup with coconut oil. Add batter. Microwave for two minutes.
- Take the edge of a knife and run it around the side of the cup. Invert cake onto a plate and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
VEGAN PROTEIN BANANA NUT PUMPKIN PROTEIN BREAD
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soaked chia seeds
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 scoops Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- Combine all ingredients.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 365 degrees.
PR'OAT'EIN BANANA PROTEIN BREAD
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flax eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish (I like coconut oil spray).
- Either use a stand mixer and combine all ingredients at once or mash your banana in a medium-mixing bowl and add in all of your other ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Pour your oatmeal mix into your baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once baked, allow cooling slightly before cutting and serving.
- Serves 4-6 breakfast size servings and 8 "individual protein bar" sized servings, up to you!