5 Protein Cereal Recipes For the Perfect Morning
Who isn't a fan of cereal?? It is a childhood favorite and a convenient breakfast for those busy in the mornings. Instead of buying the store bought stuff, why not just make your own?
These protein cereal recipes are innovative, unique and just plain fun but they are also filled with Clean Lean Protein, making them a nutritious alternative to anything you'll find at the store!
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 2 eggs (or vegan alternative)
- ½ cup stevia (or other sugar alternative)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, stevia, and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dollops of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment ad flatten.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to baking rack. Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving and enjoying!
- Pour into a bowl, pour in your milk, and enjoy your cereal!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 scoops Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for frying)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor
- Blend until smooth
- Heat up your oil or butter in a frying pan
- Add the batter to a condiment squeeze bottle (to pipe little quarter sized circles on the pan) If you don’t have a bottle, you can easily pour the batter into a ziplock bag, cut a little hole in the corner and use that as your piping bag.
- Cook on a low-medium heat until you see little bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides (I used chopsticks to flip them
- Top with maple syrup (or agave), vegan butter, add milk and eat it like cereal!
Vegan Donut Hole Cereal
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts or cashews
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. To a food processor, add pitted dates and blend until smooth. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add to the food processor: nuts, almond flour, protein, and coconut flour. Blend 30 seconds.
- Add the dates back in and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 Tbsp amounts of dough and roll into balls. Repeat until all of your mixture is used up. Arrange on your parchment-lined baking sheet. Transfer to the freezer and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by adding all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisking thoroughly to combine.
- Remove donut holes from the freezer, and one at a time, dip donut holes into the glaze. Lift up with a fork or slotted spoon and tap off any excess glaze. Place back on the parchment paper to harden. Repeat until all donut holes are glazed. Then carefully transfer back to the freezer to set.
- Freeze for 10 minutes. Then remove from freezer and dip again.
- Add to a bowl, fill with milk, voila! Donut cereal 🤤
Protein Puppy Chow
- 3 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 1/4 Cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 Cup agave
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 Cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 2/3 Cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- Melt the chocolate, peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. To do this, microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between until everything is smooth and melted.
- Stir the vanilla extract into the melted chocolate mixture, followed by the Chex cereal. Stir the cereal until each piece is well coated in chocolate.
- Place the protein powder into a large, zip-loc bag and then scoop the cereal into the bag. Seal the bag and shake around until the protein powder evenly coats the cereal.
Vegan Gluten Free Strawberry Puffs
Courtesy of our friend @feliciasfabfoodz.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour (or sub oat)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 2 tbsp Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp beet purée (roasted & blended beet)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blend dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and blend again.
- Roll dough into little grape-sized balls. Place on parchment lined baking tray and bake at 350° for 13-15 mins.
- Serve with milk and strawberries and enjoy!