7 Protein Energy Balls Recipes
There are so many convenience foods out there that you can buy to have a snack on hand whenever you need it. But turn over the package and read the nutrition label, and you may find excess fat, sugar and carbohydrates, as well as a long list of ingredients (many of which you cannot pronounce). Instead of resorting to pre-packaged foods, you can whip up your own healthy and simple protein balls, so you can have a ready-made snack on hand, whenever you need a little bite to eat. Below are our 7 favorite protein energy ball recipes that are packed with protein to keep you satisfied for hours.
2-INGREDIENT NO BAKE FUDGE BALLS
- 3 scoops Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1/4 cup organic Sunbutter
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients and form into balls.
- *Option to roll balls in cacao powder. Store in fridge or freezer.
VEGAN CHEESY SAUSAGE BALLS
- 1 container of undrained white beans
- 2 scoops Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 6 oz. plant-based cheese, such as HeidiHo NeChevre
- 3 tablespoons flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 12 oz. vegan meat crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Soak flax in water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients, minus meat crumbles, to a food processor and process until combined. Dough will be sticky and thick. Empty contents to a large bowl and stir in meat crumbles.
- Form dough into 1-1 1/2” balls by rolling between your palms. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes and let cool completely. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to two days. Also perfect for freezing and reheating.
NO BAKE PROTEIN BALLS
- 1 cup oat flour (gluten free if needed)
- 2 scoops (25g) of Nuzest Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Organic Sunbutter
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl, then add Sunbutter. Mix well (it should be crumbly)
- Next, mix in water to create a "dough" texture.
- Roll into mini balls (qty. depends on how large your balls are)
- Rolls balls in one or more of the following powders: turmeric, matcha, cayenne, cacao, carob
MATCHA CACAO BALLS
- 5 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 scoop Nuzest Vanilla Matcha Clean Lean Protein Functional Flavors
- Additional Nuzest Vanilla Matcha Clean Lean Protein or pure matcha powder for coating
- Add all ingredients, minus powder to coat, to a food processor. Process on high until dough ball forms, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Using hands, tear pieces off of dough ball and roll into balls.
- Roll in Nuzest or matcha powder to coat. Press matcha into ball to secure powder. Keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
BASIC B* BALLS
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 3 scoops Nuzest Clean Lean Protein (choice of flavor)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Optional add ins: cacao powder, honey/another sweetener, collagen protein, cacao nibs, goji berries, adaptogens like maca/ashwagandha
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a spatula or in a stand mixer until a dough forms.
- Add "superfood" additives into dough or roll balls into it.
- Make about 9-11 tablespoon-sized balls and refrigerate or freeze for up to a month.
BROWNIE BATTER PROTEIN BALLS
- 1/4 cup Guiltless Goodies Superseed Flour
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 scoops Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1/3 cup walnuts (or sub other nut of choice)
- 2-3 tablespoons Nutpods
- 1/2 cup Nuttzo Chocolate Power Fuel
- Toss everything in a food processor and blend away!
- Trick: blend up the seed flour, hemp hearts, and nuts first, then add the Nuzest, followed by the Nutpods and Nuttzo.
- If the mixture feels a little too dry, add more Nutpods 1 tbsp at a time until you get a soft consistency!
- Use a 1 oz. cookie scoop to form the balls.
- Dust them with some cocoa powder if you're feeling fancy! You'll want to store these in the fridge, if they last past a day.
STRAWBERRY GOJI PROTEIN BALLS
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 packet of Simplified Superfoods
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- A handful of freeze-dried strawberries
- 3 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of pink salt
- 2 scoops Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Roll into bite-sized balls (makes about 10 balls).
- Store in refrigerator.