6 Protein Pancakes to Power Your Morning
Pancakes are a tasty, heart-warming breakfast that are good all year round. However, if you are watching your carbs or simply want to enjoy a healthier, more protein-rich breakfast, you may skip pancakes and other foods that are typically loaded with carbohydrates and refined flours. To help you meet your macros, we have compiled a list of our favorite protein pancake recipes. Now you can have your pancakes and eat them too.
If you are looking for protein pancake recipes to power your morning, the six recipes below just may be a game-changer for you in the kitchen.
- 1 cup dry oats
- 1 serving Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
Optional: 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar/maple syrup (if you want them extra sweet) and 1-2 tsp vanilla extract for extra vanilla flavor
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender (pour wet ingredients first so the dry don't stick to blender).
- Blend until batter is smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 1 tbsp of liquid at a time until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Cook in pan at medium heat until bubbles form, then flip and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Topping suggestions: Cashew butter, chocolate sauce (maple syrup mixed with raw cacao powder), hemp-seeds, fresh strawberries.
CHOCOLATE BANANA PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 1 heaping scoop of Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4-5 flax eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp of coconut flour
- 3 tbsp of tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the bananas into a mush. Add in and whisk the flax eggs, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, Clean Lean Protein and baking soda until completely mixed. Use a hand mixer as you are combining the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Allow the batter to rest for 3-5 minutes. Grease the skillet with coconut oil.
- Take a spoon or tip the ingredients bowl into the greased skillet, to make the desired sized pancakes. After about 2 minutes (depending on how soft you want the inside), flip the pancake to the uncooked side. Allow the pancake to cook for another 1-2 minutes, then remove and repeat until your batter is finished.
- Now, devour all of your pancakes!
- Serve with 100% pure maple syrup.
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 scoop Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1 medium ripe banana, plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- Preheat a non-stick pan or pancake griddle over medium heat.
- Add all dry ingredients in a blender, then add banana, milk, and agave syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes in refrigerator then scoop the batter onto the skillet or pancake griddle.
- Flip when bubbles start to form on top of the pancakes.
- Serve warm with blueberries, banana rings and more agave syrup.
FLOURLESS PUMPKIN PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 scoops Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 4 flax eggs
- 1-2 tbsp water or more, as needed for a thinner consistency
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Stir to combine pumpkin, protein powder, flax eggs and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl; add 1-2 tablespoons water as needed for a thinner consistency.
- Heat a greased skillet or griddle to medium-low heat.
- Slowly and evenly pour the batter onto the pan to make several small pancakes. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup per pancake. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on one side. Once the underside of the pancake is golden brown, carefully flip and cook for another 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown and the pancake is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and top with a drizzle of real maple syrup, nut or seed butter, and fruit if desired. Enjoy!
CAPPUCCINO BANANA PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1.5 Real Coffee Clean Lean Protein
- 1 pinch baking soda/powder
- Blend all ingredients.
- Cook on a pancake griddle or pan.
- Flip when bubbly on top.
- Plate and top with strawberries, cinnamon, agave, and sunflower butter.
PEANUT BUTTER BLUEBERRY PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 banana
- Blend ingredients together and pour about 1/4 cup batter onto coconut oil sprayed pan.
- Drop several frozen blueberries in each one, and cook about 3 min. on each side.
- Top with favorite toppings.
Ready to start making some of these great breakfast pancakes for yourself? Get your Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest today!