1 min read
Berries & Cream Protein French Toast
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup + 1-2 tbsp plant-based milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 serving Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- Dash of cinnamon
- 3 pieces of gluten-free bread
- Optional Toppings: plant-based yogurt of your choice, warmed berries, pure maple syrup, cinnamon
Tired of your typical smoothie or overnight oats recipe? Give this Berries & Cream Protein French Toast recipe a try! It uses Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest (hey, that's us!) to amp up the berry flavor. You can say goodbye to boring and say hello to everything your tastebuds want and more!
This healthy breakfast recipe is plant-based and vegan-friendly by using a flax "egg." The trick to getting a flax egg to work like a real egg is to let 3 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed sit together for a solid ten minutes. You'll be surprised at how slimy the mixture gets—this is a good thing! Once your flax egg reaches optimal slimy texture after ten minutes, you can carry on with the recipe.
Recipe courtesy of the lovely @healthbyshortstack!
- In a shallow bowl, mix the ingredients together.
- Soak three small slices of gluten-free bread in the mixture, one at a time.
- Heat a skillet to medium with coconut oil.
- Cook each slice on both sides.
- If desired, top with plant-based yogurt, warmed and mashed frozen raspberries, pure maple syrup, and cinnamon.