BEST EVER DAIRY-FREE YOGURT
We have all been on the same quest…the exhausting search for the perfect yogurt. Never did we know that it was in our very own kitchen!
Not only is this clean yogurt protein strong, but it’s flavor and thickness is on point. Even dairy lovers will be satisfied! This is a must make for everyone and is totally customizable. Adapted from Clean Eating Mag. For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at www.stewardchicks.com
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 pitted date
- 1 cup cold water, plus extra for soaking
- 1 scoop Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 2 probiotic capsules (I use Renew Life probiotics with 25 billion live cultures)
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla, optional
- In a high powered blender, soak cashews and dates in cold water for at least one hour.
- Drain and add one additional cup of cool water and protein powder. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Pour into a plastic or glass container. Add powder from probiotic capsules and stir with a non-metal spoon to incorporate. Cover with a cheesecloth or a light dishtowel. Let sit on the countertop for 36-48 hours (depending on how tangy you like your yogurt). Stir every 12 hours with a non-metal spoon.
- Once time has elapsed, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When serving, add vanilla, if desired, and top as desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days.