BLUEBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS
Gaz Oakley of Avant-Garde Vegan has graced us with these indulgent blueberry muffins that are vegan, and have protein, too!
- 1 overripe banana
- 12 oz of your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup self rising-flour
- 1 cup ground oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 servings Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 tbsp whole oats
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line or spray muffin tray.
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl, add the rest of the wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Sieve in the flour, then fold in the oats, baking powder, almonds, coconut sugar and protein powder. Lightly mix in the blueberries reserving a few for topping the muffins.
- Spoon 2-3 large spoonfuls of the muffin mix into each muffin tin, then sprinkle some whole oats, coconut sugar, and blueberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 20 minutes before eating. The muffins will last up to 4 days in your refrigerator.