1 min read
Cherry Cheer Protein Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower, steamed
- 1 cup plain coconut kefir
- 1 serving Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 to 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp MCT oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Stevia or sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Optional toppings: cacao nibs, coarsely chopped almonds, frozen cherries, etc.
This is Cherry Cheer Protein Smoothie Bowl is one of the first @drtarasunshine posted on Instagram.
Honestly, folks, this is one to try. It’s thick, creamy, and tastes like CHERRY ALMOND ICE CREAM—except it’s dairy-free and refined sugar-free, plus it's packed with veggies (yes, real veggies!), vitamins & minerals, antioxidants, fiber, healthy fats, protein, and pre and probiotics.
Why Choose Cherries?
Cherries are little red gems rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, such as anthocyanins. Research suggests that cherry consumption can help to reduce inflammation, as well as the risk of cancer and Alzheimer's. Cherries are a natural source of melatonin, which helps to promote healthy sleep and induce a sense of calm.
What is Kefir?
Kefir is a fermented drink made from milk (dairy or nondairy, including soy, rice, and coconut) or water. This unique probiotic powerhouse has a yogurt-like taste and lots of immune-boosting and disease-fighting benefits. It contains bioactive compounds that can improve gut and skin health, and may even help reduce the risk of cancer and allergy symptoms. One compound found only in kefir, known as kefiran, has been found to fight against candida, a common yeast infection.
- Put cherries, cauliflower, protein powder, almond butter, chia seeds, MCT oil, and almond extract into blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides and pushing ingredients into blades with tamper as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Serve immediately with toppings as desired.