1 min read
CHEWY OAT BRAN BANANA PROTEIN MUFFINS
- 1-2/3 cup oat bran
- 1 scoop Clean Lean Protein (flavor of choice)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ceylon or regular ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp maca root powder
- 2 medium sized very ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
These Chewy Oat Bran Banana Protein muffins have that perfect texture and are a crowd pleaser for a grab-and-go breakfast for mid-day snack.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or grease well with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl whisk together oat bran, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed banana, applesauce, yogurt, flax egg and vanilla together until well combined and smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let batter sit two minutes to thicken.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire racket cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are best served warm with your favorite spread (ie. nut butter, yogurt, fruit compote). Enjoy!