Chewy Oat Bran Banana Protein Muffins Recipe
The Naturally Natalie's muffin remix turns typically unhealthy muffins into a healthy and satisfying treat, all while being completely flourless and made without added sugar. And, they are under 100 calories each to boot! These chewy high-protein muffins may just be a new morning staple in your home.
Serving Size: 1/12th recipe
Nutrition facts are approximate and calculated with 2% unsweetened Greek yogurt and 2 teaspoons Maca.
1 2/3 cup oat bran
1 scoop Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ceylon or regular ground cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons MACA root powder
2 medium sized very ripe bananas peeled and mashed
1/2 cup low-fat greek yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 large free-range egg *Or substitute for 2 egg whites or flax egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or grease well with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together oat bran, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix mashed banana, applesauce, yogurt, egg/egg whites, and vanilla together until well combined and smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let batter sit two minutes to thicken a bit.
4. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire racket cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and place on wire rack to cool completely.
5. Muffins are best served warm with your favourite spread (ie. nut butter, yogurt, fruit compote). Enjoy!