- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp powdered cocoa
- 1 scoop Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1/2 banana (spottier the better)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp alcohol free vanilla
- 1/4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp powdered cocoa
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- Chopped almonds (optional)
Ever have an urge for a high-end, high-calorie ice cream bar? Decadent indulgence can be achieved with a surprisingly sensible alternative. Don't worry, this Frozen Dairy-Free Chocolate Vegan Protein Ice Cream Bars recipe will still achieve an eye-rolling, slow-motion chewing effect when you take the first bite. This recipe is both gluten and dairy free, too!
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at Steward Chicks.
- For bars, place all ingredients into a high speed blender. Mix on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into ice cream bar molds* and freeze (approximately 5 hours or overnight).
- When ready to eat, mix coating ingredients until it forms a smooth sauce. Adjust sweetness to taste.
- Remove bars from the molds. Coat the bars in the chocolate coating, pressing each side into the chopped almonds (as coating dries quickly). Return to the freezer for 5 minutes.
*Such as Silikomart Silicone Easy Ice Cream Bar Molds