For the Donuts:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 1/2 peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg (or vegan flax egg)
For the Icing:
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
These decadent beauties are soft, fluffy, and topped with a rich chocolate glaze! Today’s recipe is featuring Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein. Enjoy them for breakfast, dessert, or a mid-afternoon snack!
See more recipes like this in our 10 Desserts You Won't Believe are 100% Plant-Based ebook that you can get for free here.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and grease your donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, Nuzest protein, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the mashed banana, 1/2 cup peanut butter, agave, almond milk and egg. Whisk together until combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until they are well incorporated.
- Spoon batter into the prepared donut pan and bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool in pan.
Now for the icing!
- Add chocolate chips and peanut butter to a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for two 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Dip the top of each donut into the chocolate peanut butter glaze and let any excess glaze drip off before returning to the wire rack.
- Enjoy them while they’re hot! Then store at room temperature and enjoy within 2-3 days.