1 min read
Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- 3 eggs (or flax eggs)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
The fall calls for cooler weather, fallen leaves and PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! Muffins can be tricky to make low-carb, but it is possible with Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest that gives these Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins a whopping 7g of protein per muffin!
This recipe comes from our friend Myra at The Happy Health Freak.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, xylitol, eggs, almond milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.