Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins Recipe
The fall calls for cooler weather, fallen leaves and PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! Muffins can be tricky to make low-carb, but it is possible with Nuzest Clean Lean Protein that gives these Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins a whopping 7g of protein per muffin!
This recipe comes from our friend Myra at The Happy Health Freak.
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup xylitol
3 eggs (or flax eggs)
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup Nuzest Clean Lean Protein in Rich Chocolate
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, xylitol, eggs, almond milk and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon into 12 muffin liners.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden.
8. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.