1 min read
CINNAMON CHERRY SPICED BREAKFAST PUDDING
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of hazelnut milk
- 1 tsp of Manuka Honey (or vegan alternative)
- 1 tsp of macadamia nut butter
- 4 fresh chopped cherries
CHOCOLATE SPICE LAYER:
- 1/2 cup of oganic oats
- 2 Servings of Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon spice
- 1/3 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of hazelnut butter
- 1 cup of hazelnut milk
- 2 tbsp of coconut yogurt
- 3 large medjool dates chopped
- 1 tbsp of pomegranate juice
Recipe by @charissa_and_co_wellness
Let’s take advantage this Festive season especially when it comes to our desserts.
Be honest those dark cacao smells with warm cents of spices coming from the kitchen, just screams holidays.
So, why not take that profound enjoyment from having those dark cacao desserts over the holidays to something with a twist that can still benefit your health, along with the tastes and textures. Indeed this will be the ultimate holiday treat.
Dark rich fruits, are not only high in flavonoids, but most of us miss a lot of the colors of the rainbow when it comes to fruits.
Let us take opportunity to add some delicious seasonal fruits to your favorite dessert?
Below is a simple yet delicious way to enjoy a dark cacao dessert with a hint of cherry cinnamon spice along with pops of pomegranate. Without further ado, here is our Cinnamon Cherry Spiced Breakfast Pudding!
- Start by blending all the ingredients for the ‘chia layer’ apart from the chia seeds, once the mixture is blended add the chia seeds mixing with a spoon and pop it into the fridge to set whilst making the rest of the ingredients.
- For the Chocolate Spice Layer, start by using your blender add all the ingredients for the Chocolate Spice Layer and blend until a thick + smooth consistency is reached.
- Using your two glass storage jars, start off by adding the chai mixture first as the base layer, between the layers you can add some crunchy buckwheat groats and perhaps some more coconut yogurt.
- Thereafter you can finish off with the final chocolate cinnamon layer.
- Cover and keep in the fridge for minimum 1 hour or for more of a pudding texture overnight is best.
- Sprinkle with your desired toppings. I made some raw chocolate buckwheat pomegranate bars.