Classic Donut Holes
These Classic Donut Holes will remind you of your childhood! Double the recipe for the whole family or which up the protein for your own unique take on a classic!
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts or cashews
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. To a food processor, add pitted dates and blend until smooth. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add to the food processor: nuts, almond flour, protein, and coconut flour. Blend 30 seconds.
- Add the dates back in and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 Tbsp amounts of dough and roll into balls. Repeat until all of your mixture is used up. Arrange on your parchment-lined baking sheet. Transfer to the freezer and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by adding all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisking thoroughly to combine.
- Remove donut holes from the freezer, and one at a time, dip donut holes into the glaze. Lift up with a fork or slotted spoon and tap off any excess glaze. Place back on the parchment paper to harden. Repeat until all donut holes are glazed. Then carefully transfer back to the freezer to set.
- Freeze for 10 minutes. Then remove from freezer and dip again.