Faux Bordeaux Recipe
Up for your good eats consideration is a clean makeover of a popular brown sugar-filled candy – the bordeaux. But, there is no refined sugar used here! The rich, caramel filling comes by way of dates, Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein, and lucuma powder – and it sits in a delectable wrapping of dark chocolate. Yum to the max! The recipe makes four large candies.
This recipes comes to use from Marci of @StewardChicks.
1 cup dates
¼ cup lucuma powder
1 scoop Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1 teaspoon alcohol free vanilla Pinch of salt
Chocolate coating ingredients
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut nectar
Pinch of salt
1. Soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Add dates and remaining filling ingredients to a food processor and process on high until a dough comes together and forms a ball.
3. Create the chocolate coating by adding all ingredients to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Spread approximately one tablespoon of chocolate coating into the bottom of a ribbed silicone muffin mold. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
4. Separate dough into four pieces (minus what you need for testing!). Roll between palms to form a ball. Slightly flatten into a disk shape.
5. Remove chocolate from freezer. Place one dough disk on top of firmed chocolate and lightly press. Top with one additional tablespoon of chocolate and spread to coat. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
6. Place silicone muffin mold into the freezer for five minutes. Remove and enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to two days.