- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 servings natural vegan protein
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mollasses
- 1/4 cup vegan butter chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar + 1 tbsp dairy-free milk
These Glazed Gingerbread Scones by @thekellykathleen are sure to be a crowd-pleaser this holiday season! They have that perfect holiday flavor, but they contain satisfying protein that will keep you going.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the butter.
- Once combined, cut in the cubed butter with a fork until it resembles course chunks (should be slightly bigger than pea sized). Don’t over handle your dough!!
- Pop the bowl into your freezer and preheat your oven to 400°F While the oven is preheating, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and do a few minutes of self-care.
- Once the oven has reached baking temperature, place the chilled dough on your baking sheet. Using your hands (wet them, it helps!) pat the dough out into a circle that's 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut the circle into 4-6 triangles and bake for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT over bake. These beauties might bleed a little if the dough is not properly handled but no worries, they will still taste amazing!
- Let them completely cool before glazing.
- Whisk the ingredients for either glaze option (read above!) in a small bowl. Dunk or spoon the glaze over the scones.
- Let them sit on a cooling wrack to harden (or put them in the freezer if you’re impatient like me!)