HOMEMADE TOMATO KETCHUP
This homemade tomato ketchup recipe is vegan friendly, nut free, gluten free, and dairy free.
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Add tomatoes and dates to a saucepan with the water and simmer over a low heat with the lid on until soft and the tomatoes are pale in colour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, blend the tomato mixture with a stick blender or in a blender and slowly add apple cider vinegar to taste – you may need a little more or a little less depending on how ripe your tomatoes were.
Enjoy as a dipping sauce or on a delicious Plant-Based Protein Burger.
Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.