1 min read
LEMON POPPYSEED MUG CAKE
- 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 serving Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 vegan alternative eggs (such as flaxseed eggs)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp poppy seeds
This Lemon Poppyseed Mug Cake has that perfect balance of flavor and hits all the right notes. This recipe is courtesy of @livlabelfree.
- Add dry ingredients to a mug and whisk well.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter, then gently fold in the poppy seeds.
- Microwave on medium power for 90 seconds or until just set. Exact timing will depend on your microwave and wattage settings, so be sure to check after about 1 minute and keep microwaving in 15 second increments to prevent overcooking!
- Top with whatever you like! I prefer a square of vegan chocolate, or you could do a dollop of plant-based coconut yogurt to stay in the summery theme and enjoy!