1 min read
Matcha Sugar Protein Cookies
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Matcha Clean Lean Protein
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup applesauce
The highly anticipated time of trimming the tree, listening to Christmas tunes, and baking up a batch of sugar cookies is finally here. But, long gone are the days of butter and refined sugar in our kitchen… so, I was determined to find a clean eats way to enjoy this holiday tradition. This Matcha Sugar Protein Cookies recipe delivers! These cookies are perfectly buttery and soft, yet stable enough to handle your most creative decorating… all just in the nick of time for your festive cookie exchanges.
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at www.stewardchicks.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse to combine. Add remaining ingredients and process on high until incorporated.
- Place dough in a mound on parchment paper. Cover with additional sheet of parchment and use a rolling pin to flatten dough. Remove parchment and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let dough cool slightly. Use cookie cutters to cut fun designs and place cookie shapes on a second parchment covered cookie sheet. Cook an additional 7-8 minutes (longer if you like a crispy cookie). Remove from oven and let cook.
- Decorate as desired. Keep leftovers in refrigerator for up to three days.