1 min read
No-Sugar Sugar Cookies + Two Ingredient Frosting Recipe
Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 3/4 cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp cashew flour
- 3 tbsp maple sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
This No Sugar Sugar Cookies + Two Ingredient Frosting Recipe is brought to you by krystenskitchen.com.
This easy no-sugar sugar cookie recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and can be made cashew-free using almond flour. It can be made using maple sugar or coconut sugar depending on what you have access to or depending on your preference/food allergy.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Make flax eggs: 3TB warm water + 1 TB of flax seed meal = 1 flax eggs. Make 2 flax eggs by mixing 6TB warm water with 2TB flax seed meal and allow it to sit for 3 minutes or so. Set it aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix wet in with the dry ingredients and combine. Dough will seem crumbly, but using your hands, you’ll be able to form a dough ball.
- Roll out between parchment paper using the 1/4 inch size on your rolling pin. Or, if you have a traditional rolling pin, take your best guess.
- 6. Use cookie cutters. Heads up — the dough can be super fragile. Take your time. Place cookies on parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes (Softer cookies) until edges start to brown. Bake for 10-11ish minutes (Crunchier cookies). Allow to fully cool before decorating.
For the Frosting
- Mix about 4 tbsp (or more) of maple cream and add the desired amount of Color Kitchen Foods food coloring. Add to a ziplock bag, cut a corner (start small) and decorate your cookies.
- Allow frosting to harden on your cookies or eat them right away. Enjoy.