This Nut-Butter Muffin recipe is vegan friendly, dairy free and has a gluten free option.
Recipe by Danika Choy
For the cupcake:
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup tapioca four
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 chia eggs (combine 1 tbsp chia seeds + 2.5 tbsp water and let sit to make a chia egg, double for this recipe)
- ¼ cup olive or coconut oil
For the icing:
- 1 servomg Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1 cup nut butter (we used almond butter)
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup, to taste
- dash of almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Place all of the ingredients for the cupcake into a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into the muffin cases and place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes (times may very) or until golden brown.
- While the muffins are cooking, prepare the icing. Add the nut butter, protein, cinnamon and dash of milk to a small bowl. Mix with a spoon, adding more milk to the mixture until you achieve your desired icing consistency. Taste and sweeten with maple syrup, mixing again to combine.
- Once cooked, remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature on the bench.
- Once the muffins are completely cool, top with icing and your choice of berries and chocolate.
Store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.