1 min read
Peanut Butter Cup Protein Oats Recipe
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 servings Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest (can also use Just Natural or Rich Chocolate)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp gluten-free shelled hemp seeds
- 1 1/3 cups plant-based milk of your choice (I use at least half full fat coconut milk for extra creaminess.)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pure stevia, monk fruit, or sweetener of your choice to taste
Sometimes you just need a little sweet treat in the morning, am I right? This Peanut Butter Cup Protein Oats recipe is perfect for just that! But instead of something that will make you feel sluggish and crash mid-morning (hello doughnuts and pastries!), these protein oats will give you the energy and nutrition you need to perform at your best all day.
What if I told you that in just a few minutes, you could prep this delicious and nutritious sweet breakfast treat and it would be ready to go every morning of the week? That's the beauty of these make-ahead protein oats. Just mix the ingredients together the night before and they soak while you sleep. If only everything was this easy!
This recipe was created by @DrTaraSunshine.
- Combine oats, protein powder, chia seeds, and hemp seeds in a bowl or divide evenly into single-serving jars with a lid. Stir well to combine.
- Put plant-based milk, sunflower seed butter, cacao, maca, and sea salt into a blender, then blend until smooth. Sweeten to taste.
- Pour chocolate "smoothie" over the oat and seed mixture, then stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or a minimum of six hours). Before serving, stir in additional plant-based milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Heat or serve cold with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!