1 min read
Protein Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener (or coconut sugar)
- 3 tbsp cashew butter (or almond butter)
- Splash of vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (Tip: I like to chop them up to help evenly disperse into the chocolate.)
This mini Protein Banana Bread recipe by Ema from @balanced_bakes is the perfect high protein, low sugar, and overall healthy snack (breakfast or dessert!) that will have you reaching for more. However, since this is a small batch recipe, you won't have to worry about being lured in for another slice!
This recipe makes two mini loafs or 4-5 muffins. It's perfect for a small family or an individual who is looking for a quick and easy mini meal prep recipe.
More Recipes Like This
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 2 mini loaf pans (or 4-5 large muffin tins) with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Mix your wet ingredients together and then add the dry. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn the pans and bake for another 15 minutes. Check the centers to see if they have set. If not, reduce the heat to 325 degrees and continue to bake until a toothpick can be inserted into the middle and come out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.