Baked Apple Bombs
It takes no time at all to whip up a baked apple with a power-packed middle. The filling is fully customizable, depending on your liking and what is available in your pantry. Enjoy this healthy dessert year round!
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at Steward Chicks.
1 small banana
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 scoop Smooth Vanilla Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
1 cups oats (GF, if desired)
1/8 tsp. salt
4 large apples of choice
1. Core apples. Place apples upright in a 9x9 baking dish.
2. To make filling, add banana, applesauce, almond butter, coconut oil, cinnamon, Nuzest protein powder and salt in a food processor. Process on high until fully incorporated. Add oats. Pulse to combine approximately 15 times.
3. With a small spoon, fill apples with the filling mixture.
4. Microwave apples on high for approximately 6 minutes. Using tongs, carefully check for apples for doneness (apples should give to pressure). If still firm, microwave 2-4 minutes more. Remove from microwave and let cool completely.
5. Once cooled, these are best eaten immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.