Best Ever Protein Brownie
Many pans of brownies have passed through my oven, and this one is simply the best. I must declare that the search is done. You can officially toss out all other recipes. This one is hands down the best and is the winner on all fronts - nutrition, taste and texture. Try for yourself and see!
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at Steward Chicks.
1 13.4 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup Nuzest Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3-4 dates, pitted
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tablespoon unsulfured blackstrap molasses
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add beans, coconut oil, applesauce, molasses, and dates to a food processor and run on high until smooth, scraping down as needed. Add remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
3. Grease a 3x3 baking dish or line with parchment paper. Add batter.
4. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes on the countertop. Then, place in the freezer for up to an hour.
5. Remove from freezer and cut into pieces. Eat as is, or top with frosting. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.