Chocolate Banana Paleo Protein Pancakes
This is Christine Nairn here, and I'm a professional soccer player for Seattle Reign FC of the NWSL. I also blog at Finding My Euphoria. As some of you know, I decided to truly have an offseason after this past NWSL season. When I made this decision, I consciously decided to hone in on my diet. I wanted to be in total control of what was going into my body. In order to take initiative on my diet, I have teamed up with Nuzest who believes in getting your “Clean Lean Protein” from the highest grade of European grown and processed Golden Pea Protein Isolate.
Below is my recipe for Chocolate Banana Paleo Protein Pancakes!
1 Heaping Scoop of Nuzest Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
2 Ripe Bananas
4-5 Eggs or Flax Eggs
2 Teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
4 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
3 Tablespoons of Tapioca Flour
1 Tablespoon of Ghee or Coconut Oil
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet to a medium-low heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the bananas into a mush. Add in and whisk the eggs or flax eggs, vanilla extract, and melted ghee/coconut oil.
3. In another bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, Nuzest Clean Lean Protein and baking soda until completely mixed. Use a hand mixer as you are combining the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
4. Allow the batter to rest for 3-5 minutes. Grease the skillet with coconut oil/ghee.
5. Take a spoon or tip the ingredients bowl into the greased skillet, to make the desired sized pancakes. After about 2 minutes (depending on how soft you want the inside), flip the pancake to the uncooked side. Allow the pancake to cook for another 1-2 minutes, then remove and repeat until your batter is finished.
6. Now, devour all of your pancakes!
7. Serve with 100% pure maple syrup or ghee.