Vegan Egg-mazing Chocolate Easter Egg
This time of year, it is hard to escape the mounds of chocolate confections lining the shelves of your favorite grocery store. But, move over neon-colored bunnies and cream-filled eggs! This easy-to-make candy is reminiscent of a smooth dark chocolate truffle, which will satisfy even the most sophisticated chocoholic. And, being deliciously nutritious and protein-packed, you won't mind when your kids ask for one - or 10!
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at Steward Chicks.
4 tablespoons almond milk (or other milk alternative)
2 scoops Nuzest Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
2 scoops cocoa powder (use Nuzest scooper)
2 tablespoons alcohol-free vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoon coconut nectar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until incorporated. It will be crumbly.
2. Divide chocolate in half, taking 1/2 of mixture into the palm of your hand and squeezing to form into an egg shape.
3. Place on a parchment lined tray. Repeat with remaining chocolate.
4. Coat with chocolate and top with fresh fruit, as desired.
1. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix to combine.
2. Dip each egg once and return to parchment paper lined tray.
3. Refrigerate for 5 minutes, or until firm. Remove eggs from refrigerator and repeat dipping.
4. Return to refrigerator until ready to eat. Keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days.