Gluten-Free, Vegan Power Pizza Crust
This is the only gluten free, dairy free pizza crust recipe you will ever need. It is strong enough for a tower of toppings, yet tender enough to savor each bite! Redefine pizza night with this high protein pizza crust recipe! This recipe makes two 12-inch pizzas. For more recipes from Marci, check out her website www.stewardchicks.com.
¾ cup quinoa
¾ cup millet
2 scoops Nuzest Clean Lean Just Natural Powder
½ cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 tablespoons of avocado or olive oil
Your choice of pizza toppings
1. Combine quinoa and millet. Soak the mixture in water, covered by at least 1 inch of water.
2. Soak for 8 hours or overnight.
3. When you are ready to prepare the crust, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place parchment paper on two 12-inch pizza pans.
4. Drain and rinse the quinoa/millet mixture. Add the mixture and the rest of the ingredients in a high powered blender.
5. Blend on high until the mixture resembles a thick batter. Add an additional tablespoon of water, one at a time, if it is too thick.
6. Pour the batter in equal parts onto the prepared pans. Use a spatula to spread batter onto each pan.
7. Bake the crusts for 15 minutes. Flip each crust and return them to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
8. Remove from the oven. Top each crust with your favorite pizza toppings (sauce, spinach, zucchini, nutritional yeast, cheese, etc.).
9. Return to the oven for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the toppings have nicely browned.
10. Remove your pizzas from the oven and let them cool before cutting on a cutting board.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!