Mint Chocolate Chip Chia
Chia pudding is an easy make-ahead breakfast staple. It’s nutritious, delicious and versatile, and can literally be thrown together in just minutes the night before.
Chia seeds have a mild nutty taste and are extremely nutrient-dense. They are rich in fiber, minerals, antioxidants, protein, and healthy fats. A 2 Tbsp serving contains 4 grams of protein and 12 grams of carbohydrate, of which 11 grams are fiber!
This Mint Chocolate Chip Chia recipe is courtesy of @drtarasunshine.
1 cup unsweetened almond or nut-free milk
1 cup canned organic full-fat coconut milk
2 to 3 cups raw baby spinach
1/4 cup Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp chlorella powder (optional)
1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract pure stevia or sweetener of choice, adjusted to taste
8 Tbsp white chia seeds
1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
Optional toppings: unsweetened toasted coconut, pomegranate arils, cacao nibs and/or grated dark chocolate
1. Put almond milk, coconut milk, spinach, protein powder, vanilla, chlorella and peppermint extract into blender container and blend on high until well-mixed. Sweeten to taste.
2. Add chia seeds and cacao nibs and pulse blend until just combined.
3. Pour into bowl or single-serving mason jars and cover or seal tightly.
4. Let sit for 10 minutes, then whisk and cover or shake well and put in fridge overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours.
5. Mint Chip Chia Pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Serve cold with your favorite toppings.