No Sugar - Sugar Cookies + Two Ingredient Frosting
No Sugar - Sugar Cookies + Two Ingredient Frosting Recipe brought to you by krystenskitchen.com.
This easy no-sugar sugar cookie recipe is gluten-free, vegan and can be made cashew-free using almond flour. It can be made using maple sugar or coconut sugar depending on what you have access to or depending on your preference/food allergy.
3/4 cup Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
3/4 cup + 3 tbsp cashew flour
3 tbsp maple sugar
2 tbsp arrowroot flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 flax eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1. Set oven to 375 degrees.
2. Make flax eggs: 3TB warm water + 1 TB of flax seed meal = 1 flax eggs. Make 2 flax eggs by mixing 6TB warm water with 2TB flax seed meal and allow it to sit for 3 minutes or so. Set it aside.
3. Mix all dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together.
4. Mix wet in with the dry ingredients and combine. Dough will seem crumbly, but using your hands, you’ll be able to form a dough ball.
5. Roll out between parchment paper using the 1/4 inch size on your rolling pin. Or, if you have a traditional rolling pin, take your best guess.
6. Use cookie cutters. Heads up — the dough can be super fragile. Take your time. Place cookies on parchment paper.
7. Bake for 8 minutes (Softer cookies) until edges start to brown. Bake for 10-11ish minutes (Crunchier cookies). Allow to fully cool before decorating.
For the Frosting
1. Mix about 4 tbsp (or more) of maple cream and add the desired amount of Color Kitchen Foods food coloring. Add to a ziplock bag, cut a corner (start small) and decorate your cookies.
2. Allow frosting to harden on your cookies or eat them right away. Enjoy.