Nu-Zesty Cheez Sauce
Thoughts of cheese sauce - yum. It's so comforting. So versatile. So good. But, what do you do when you want to skip the dairy, salt, and butter? Sacrifice flavor and textures? No way! Don't compromise with this easy-to-make cheesy goodness. Non-dairy? Vegan? No prob! This recipe makes the perfect sauce for all dietary needs. For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at www.stewardchicks.com.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (option to use greek yogurt or non-dairy, such as Kite Hill)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (option to use non-dairy, such as Kite Hill)
- 1 scoop Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Done! ¬†
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.