Our friend Gigi Eats Celebrities created these Paleo Churros that will wow even the toughest critic. They are like a carnival right inside your mouth!
1/2 Cup Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Protein Powder
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
3/4 Cup Water
2 Eggs or Flax Eggs)
2 Tbs Erythritol (or your favorite sweetener of choice)
2 Tbs Coconut Oil (for mixture)
2 + Tbs Coconut Oil (for pan frying purposes)
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1 Tbs Baking Stevia
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Snip a corner of a ziplock bag and fill bag with churro batter (if you have a piping bag… You’re just fancy then, aren’t you!)
3. Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil (you will need 2 tbs per batch) into a shallow skillet, over medium-high heat.
4. Pipe two or three strips of batter into oil and cook two to three minutes per side.
5. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cinnamon/stevia mixture and let cook before wolfing down.
WARNING: this recipe makes a lot of churros. If you have no willpower what-so-ever… Half the recipe so you feel a little less guilty when you devour the entire thing!