Protein-Packed Power Buns
Make a batch of these delicious Protein-Packed Sandwich Buns and have enough to last all week! These are free of gluten, dairy, eggs, and nuts - but not taste! Use them on your sandwiches, burgers, or get creative and use them as mini pizza crusts! Whatever way you try them, these rounds are sure to add flavor and Nuzest's Clean Lean Protein to your breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack time! The recipes makes eight five-inch rounds.
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at Steward Chicks.
3/4 cup quinoa
3/4 cup millet
1/2 cup beans (any canned white bean, drained and rinsed)
1 scoop Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Just Natural
1/2 cup water
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp olive or avocado oil
Avocado spray (optional)
Sunflower or chia seeds (optional)
1. Combine the quinoa and millet. Soak the mixture and make sure the grains are covered by at least 1 inch of water. Soak for 8 hours or overnight.
2. When you are ready to prepare the rounds, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
3. Drain and rinse the quinoa/millet mixture. Add the mixture and the rest of the ingredients, minus the optional ingredients, in a high-powered blender. Blend on high until the mixture resembles a thick batter.
4. Scoop the batter out of the blender and spread into five inch rounds onto the parchment. If desired, lightly spray with avocado oil and sprinkle with sunflower or chia seeds.
5. Bake the rounds for 15 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
6. Remove from the oven. Use as you would in place of a bun or sandwich thin. Enjoy!