Spreadable Vegan Cheez
This super easy vegan cheez is show stopping! Slight adaptations made to @onegreenplanet's aquafina mozzarella, this spreadable cheese has a flavor reminiscent of a sharp cheddar. Using soaked cashews as the recipe base, this cheez holds up surprisingly well to baking and is quite delicious sliced on a sammie or spread on bruschetta. Try it once and you will soon find that this vegan cheese will become a new staple in your fridge!
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at www.stewardchicks.com
Serving Size: 1/10th recipe Calories: 95.875 Fat: 8.29g Carbs: 2.98g Protein: 2.62g Fiber: 0.44g Nutrition facts are approximate.
1/2 cup cashews, soaked
Drained liquid from one can of chickpeas (also called aquafaba)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon turmeric
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 scoop Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
2 1/2 teaspoons agar agar powder
1. Soak cashews for 6 hours and drain.
2. Place cashews and aquafaba in a food processor and process on high until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Process on high until mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and stir constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
5. Remove from stove and carefully pour into a parchment lined 8x8 baking dish or preferred mould. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
6. Remove from freezer and shape into a ball. Wrap with saran wrap and wind with 2 rubber bands to form pumpkin-shaped indentations‚ great for fall! Return to freezer for 3 hours. Let thaw briefly before serving.
7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Freezes and defrosts great!