Triple Chocolate Gingerbread Protein Bars
This Triple Chocolate Gingerbread Protein Bars recipe is not for the faint of heart. It is a deep, rich, dark chocolate gingerbread bar for those who are not afraid of the darker side of chocolate. This holiday bar would be great paired with a cup of coffee and a cozy blanket… snuggled up with a great book by the fireplace.
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at www.stewardchicks.com.
4 flax eggs (4 T ground flax soaked in 1/2 cup warm water for 15 minutes)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup almond flour
2 scoops Nuzest Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
3 pitted dates
1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
5 teaspoons ground ginger (or 5 cubes Dorot frozen ginger)
1 tablespoon alcohol free vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Make flax egg. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add all ingredients, minus chips and nibs, to a food processor and process until well incorporated. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and combine well.
3. Spread into an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment. Bake 30 minutes
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/3 cup chips over top. Let melt and spread once chips become shiny. Sprinkle with nibs. Let cool on counter for 20 minutes.
5. Place in freezer for 15 minutes for topping to harden. Keep leftovers in refrigerator for up to three days.