1 min read
Savory Breakfast Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup Just Natural Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk or water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried herbs, Italian or Mediterranean
- 3 tbsp frozen corn, defrosted
- 3 tbsp red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Optional: 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
When you think of protein powder, you generally think of smoothies, shakes, and even desserts. Because most protein powders are sweet, you don't necessarily picture savory foods. However, with Just Natural Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest, you can let your imagination run wild with savory food recipes and food ideas.
This Savory Breakfast Muffin recipe fits the bill with a kick and a crunch that can't be matched. Featuring jalapenos and pumpkin seeds, these muffins will wake you up in the morning or any time of day when the mood (and hunger!) strikes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line or liberally grease 10 muffin tins, then set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients from chickpea flour through green onion with a wooden utensil.
- Once the batter is combined, fill each mold 3/4 of the way before topping each muffin with jalapeño slices and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake the muffins for around 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before removing them from their molds and letting them cool completely.
- To store: place the fully cooled muffins in an air tight container and store in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.