1 min read
Vegan Banana Pudding
- 2 small spotty bananas, (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 serving Probiotic Vanilla Digestive Support Protein by Nuzest
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch, (can also use cornstarch)
- Optional add-ins: 1/8 tsp turmeric (for color), 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract
Did you know that banana pudding didn't exist in America before 1865? It's true! Bananas weren't common in the Americas until the late 1800's, and even then, they were a treat for the rich, due to the cost and rarity.
Of course, now we all (thankfully!) have access to bananas whenever we want them, and one thing we definitely want them for is this Vegan Banana Protein Pudding. With simple, gut-healthy ingredients and so easy to prepare, you'll please everyone at your table with this deliciously decadent dessert.
- Place all of the ingredients in your high speed blender, then blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a small sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Whisk continually until the mixture starts to thicken—about 5 minutes. It will be done when you can pull the whisk out and the pudding doesn't instantly remove the whisk marks.
- Let the mixture cool slightly before pouring into an air tight container and placing in fridge to cool fully.
- Serve with a plant-based Greek yogurt or coconut cream, graham cracker, or a crumbled up Vanilla & Almond Clean Lean Protein Bar.