SPREADABLE VEGAN CHEEZ
This super easy vegan cheez is show stopping! Slight adaptations made to @onegreenplanet's aquafina mozzarella, this spreadable cheese has a flavor reminiscent of a sharp cheddar. Using soaked cashews as the recipe base, this cheez holds up surprisingly well to baking and is quite delicious sliced on a sammie or spread on bruschetta. Try it once and you will soon find that this vegan cheese will become a new staple in your fridge!
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at www.stewardchicks.com
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- Drained liquid from one can of chickpeas (also called aquafaba)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 scoop Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 2 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
- Soak cashews for 6 hours and drain.
- Place cashews and aquafaba in a food processor and process on high until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients. Process on high until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and stir constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Remove from stove and carefully pour into a parchment lined 8"x8" baking dish or preferred mold. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and shape into a ball. Wrap with saran wrap and wind with 2 rubber bands to form pumpkin-shaped indentations‚ great for fall! Return to freezer for 3 hours. Let thaw briefly before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Freezes and defrosts great!