Vegan Eggnog Yogurt Recipe
This homemade, dairy-free yogurt is spectacular… especially in holiday flavors and with clean ingredients! Enjoy the delicious taste of your favorite seasonal drink, eggnog, by the spoonful in this protein packed Vegan Eggnog Yogurt Recipe. It makes the perfect start to a busy day of shopping at the mall or a splendid end to your day with your feet up by the fire. Either way, this nog yogurt will set the mood for your holiday cheer!
This recipes comes to use from Marci of @StewardChicks.
1 cup raw cashews
1 pitted date
1 cup cold water
1 scoop Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
2 probiotic capsules (like Renew Life probiotics with 25 billion live cultures)
3 teaspoon alcohol free vanilla extract
1 teaspoon alcohol free almond extract
Teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons honey (or agave)
Chopped persimmon, cranberries and pistachios
1. In a high powered blender, soak cashews and dates in one cup of cold water at least one hour.
2. Drain and add one additional cup of cool water and protein powder. Blend on high until completely smooth.
3. Pour into a plastic or glass container. Add powder from probiotic capsules and stir with a non-metal spoon to incorporate. Cover with cheesecloth or a light dishtowel. Let sit on the countertop for 36 hours, stirring every 12 hours.
4. Once time has elapsed, stir in vanilla and almond extracts, nutmeg and honey. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. To serve, top with fruit and nuts. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up two days.