1 min read
VEGAN LENTIL AND COCONUT SOUP
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small knob ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 large red chilli
- 1 1/2 cup dried yellow lentils
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream
- 2 serving Just Natural Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
This Lentil and Coconut soup has the perfect combination of ingredients for a warm fall day. Lentils and turmeric, with a hint of spice make for the perfect combination. Bonus: this recipe is gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, and packed with protein powder. This soup is everything you need to satisfy your taste buds!
More Recipes Like This
- Dice the onion and chilli and grate the garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large pot and heat over a medium heat. When hot, add onion, garlic ,and ginger and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric and chilli to the pot and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and stock to the pot and mix to combine. Bring to boil over high heat and then reduce to a simmer. Place lid on the pot and allow to simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Add the coconut cream and Just Natural Clean Lean Protein and stir to combine. The soup will become creamy. If you like a smoother soup, you can now use a stick or immersion blender to blend the soup until it is pureed to your liking. Once blended, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita bread or your desired bread or cracker of choice.