1 min read
VEGAN LENTIL AND COCONUT SOUP
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small knob ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 large red chilli
- 1 1/2 cup dried yellow lentils
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream
- 2 serving Just Natural Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
This Lentil and Coconut soup has the perfect combination of ingredients for a warm fall day. Lentils and turmeric, with a hint of spice make for the perfect combination. Bonus: this recipe is gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, and packed with protein powder. This soup is everything you need to satisfy your taste buds!
More Recipes Like This
Ginger and Turmeric Soup
Coconut Pumpkin Bisque Soup
Protein Mac n' Cheese
- Dice the onion and chilli and grate the garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large pot and heat over a medium heat. When hot, add onion, garlic ,and ginger and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric and chilli to the pot and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and stock to the pot and mix to combine. Bring to boil over high heat and then reduce to a simmer. Place lid on the pot and allow to simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Add the coconut cream and Just Natural Clean Lean Protein and stir to combine. The soup will become creamy. If you like a smoother soup, you can now use a stick or immersion blender to blend the soup until it is pureed to your liking. Once blended, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita bread or your desired bread or cracker of choice.