1 min read
VEGAN PROTEIN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 6 oz dark chocolate chopped
Love cake but don't want to overindulge? Now you can have your cake and eat it too, and it will taste dang good while you're at it. Try our delicious Vegan Protein Chocolate Cake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8″x 11″ baking pan.
- Mix together the apple cider vinegar and almond milk and set aside for about 5 minutes to create vegan buttermilk.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter and 1/2 cup of the chopped chocolate in microwave.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour the vegan buttermilk and melted chocolate mixture over the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Don't over mix. Fold in the remaining chopped chocolate.
- Fill the batter into your prepared baking pan and bake for approx. 30-35 minutes.
Chocolate Frosting (make this ahead, so it can cool)
- In a pot, heat the coconut cream until just boiling. Add chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot coconut cream. Stir with a whisk until the chocolate has melted and it gets a smooth ganache.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours until well chilled.
- When the ganache is completely cold, beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed until whipped and a fluffy, spreadable frosting forms.
- Spread over the whipped chocolate frosting.