1 min read
VEGAN PROTEIN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 6 oz dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8″x 11″ baking pan.
- Mix together the apple cider vinegar and almond milk and set aside for about 5 minutes to create vegan buttermilk.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter and 1/2 cup of the chopped chocolate in microwave.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour the vegan buttermilk and melted chocolate mixture over the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Don't over mix. Fold in the remaining chopped chocolate.
- Fill the batter into your prepared baking pan and bake for approx. 30-35 minutes.
Chocolate Frosting (make this ahead, so it can cool)
- In a pot, heat the coconut cream until just boiling. Add chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot coconut cream. Stir with a whisk until the chocolate has melted and it gets a smooth ganache.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours until well chilled.
- When the ganache is completely cold, beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed until whipped and a fluffy, spreadable frosting forms.
- Spread over the whipped chocolate frosting.