1 min read
VEGAN PROTEIN SNICKERS BARS
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 serving Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff by Nuzest
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk, or plant-based milk of your choice
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 serving Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff by Nuzest
- 1/3 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt or kosher salt
Who doesn't love a caramel-y, chocolatey, treat every once in a while? These Protein Snickers Bars are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and oh, so indulgent. It even has all the Kids Good Stuff your little ones (and you) love. Who needs store bought candy when you have delicious, nutritious, no-bake recipes as sweet as this?
This recipe is courtesy of Valeria from @NutsAboutGreens.
More Recipes Like This
- Line a small loaf pan (8"x4") with parchment paper.
- To make the base, add all base ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Stir with a spatula until combined. Press base into the lined loaf pan using your fingers, then use the bottom of a glass cup and firmly press the base down so it is nice and packed in evenly. Place in the freezer while you make the caramel.
- In the bowl, you used to make the base, add the caramel ingredients except for the peanuts. Stir until well combined. Fold in the peanuts. Add caramel layer to the base layer and spread it out evenly. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.
- After 1 hour, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments, until melted. Make sure you stir the chocolate after each 30-second increment. Mine took about 1 minute and 30 seconds total, but every microwave is different.
- Lift the base/caramel bar out of the loaf pan. Slice into 1 inch thick bars, or your desired size.
- Dip bars in the chocolate with two forks and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle flaked sea salt on top.
- Place dipped bars back in the freezer for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Store in the freezer. Leave out on the counter for 10 minutes before eating.