Zucchini Power Boats Recipe
Speed your dinner into high gear with this veggie and protein-packed superstar. A large zucchini serve as the perfect vessel for your lasagna-like toppings. And, the added protein powder is undetectably delicious! Enjoy yourself a Zucchini Power Boat tonight!
This recipes comes to use from Marci of @StewardChicks.
2 large zucchinis
2 cups lowfat cottage cheese
2 scoops Just Natural Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
Marinara sauce (with or without meat)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Chopped basil or spinach, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut a zucchini lengthwise. Microwave the zucchini halves for 2-3 minutes, just enough to soften. Then, let cool for 10 minutes
3. While the zucchini is cooling, place cottage cheese, protein powder and seasoning in food processor. Pulse approximately 25 times to incorporate. Set aside.
4. Scoop the middle out of zucchini with a spoon or melon baller. Spread cheese mixture into the hollowed portion of the zucchini. Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Continue with other zucchini halves.
5. Spread marinara sauce over each zucchini. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and broil for 3 minutes, or until cheese begins to bubble and brown.
6. Remove from oven and garnish as desired. Store left-overs in refrigerator for up to three days.