1 min read
Zesty Crunchy Chickpeas
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas
- 1-2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 serving Just Natural Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1 tbsp seasoning blend (we used a Mediterranean blend)
- Optional: 1/4 tsp salt
There's a time for sweet and a time for salty. These Zesty Crunchy Chickpeas are the perfect savory, salty snack for you to grab when a craving for chips or pretzels hits. Rather than grabbing a bag of processed snacks that might make you feel sluggish, bloated, and without good nutrition, you can take these with you on the go, stash some in your desk drawer at work, or keep them handy in your pantry for healthy snacking without compromising taste. Cravings for salty, crunchy snacks? Buh-bye now! ;)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, then pat them dry using a tea towel or paper towels.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the now-dry chickpeas with 1 to 2 tbsp of oil. Note: 2 tbsp will result in a crispier chickpea.
- Once the chickpeas are coated, add 1/2 serving of Just Natural Clean Lean Protein and your choice of seasoning. Stir until combined.
- Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet (lined is preferred), making sure they are in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until your chickpeas are golden brown.
- Let the chickpeas cool for at least 10 minutes to crisp up further.
- Enjoy as-is for a high protein snack, or use them to top salads, stir fry, or whatever you please!