1 min read
GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN SANDWICH PROTEIN COOKIES
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup Probiotic Cacao Digestive Support Protein by Nuzest
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
This Gluten-Free Vegan Sandwich Protein Cookie recipe is the last recipe you will ever need if you are craving a sweet treat (but also want to have the benefits of Nuzest's tummy-friendly Digestive Support Protein).
Make the cookie dough:
- Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the applesauce, mix until combined.
- Combine flour, protein, cocoa, and salt and add to the wet ingredients a little at a time until incorporated.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts; flatten each portion into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1 portion of dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out round shapes with a two inch fluted biscuit cutter like this. Carefully lift the rounds up with a thin spatula and transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes for 2 inch cookies.
Make the filling:
- With a hand mixer, mix the butter and almond milk. Add the powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until smooth.
- The filling should be thick but spreadable. You may not need all of the powdered sugar.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, frost one cookie and then top with another cookie and press together.