1 min read
PROTEIN CARROT CAKE
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 large carrots
- 2 flax eggs (whisk 2 tbsp flax-meal with 6 tbsp water in a small bowl)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates
- 3/4 cup stevia
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 serving of Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1 block of vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of your favorite plant-based yogurt (plain)
This Protein Carrot Cake recipe is courtesy of @PursueGoodFood.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Soak the dates in 1/4 cup hot water for about an hour. Grate carrots in food processor. Combine ingredients above - including the date water. Add half of the Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein into the food processor. Process on high until ingredients are well combined.
Pour batter into a parchment paper lined baking dish. Bake for 25 min.
Combine vegan cream cheese, one scoop (half serving) of Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein, lemon juice, & plant-based yogurt.
Allow the cake to cook before icing. Top with lemon zest.