Did you know, Good Green Vitality is not only enjoyed as a drink or in smoothies?
That's right, we like to blend ours up and enjoy it in a delicious cheesecake recipe too.
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan
Serves: 10 slices
Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS – FILLING
- 1 ½ cups cashews soaked overnight
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- ¼ scant cup melted coconut oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving Nuzest Good Green Vitality
- ¼ tsp sea salt
INGREDIENTS – CRUST
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 ½ cups raw walnuts
- Pinch sea salt
- Soak cashews in cool water for 6-8 hours or overnight. Drain well and set aside
- Add dates to a high-powered food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms a ball. Remove and set aside
- Add walnuts and salt to food processor and blitz until a meal is formed. Add date mixture and blitz until a loose dough forms. Add either a few more dates or a few more walnuts if consistency needs adjusting
- Line a standard pie or cake dish (around 7 inches) with baking paper then add crust mixture and carefully press with fingers
- To flatten further, line a flat-edged drinking glass with baking paper and press down, pushing crust up the sides. Place in the freezer to firm
- Add all filling ingredients except Good Green Vitality to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more coconut milk if needed
- Taste for flavor/sweetness and add more maple syrup for sweetness, more vanilla if needed, or more coconut yogurt/lemon for more tanginess
- Pour 2/3 of the filling into the crust and tap the pan a few times to release any air bubbles. Set aside
- Add Good Green Vitality to the remaining filling and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add to the filling in a swirling motion and swirl a few times with a chopstick to create a more swirl pattern. Tap to release air bubbles
- Cover carefully and loosely with cling wrap and freeze for 4 hours until set. Check that the filling is firm
- To serve, remove from the freezer and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice with a hot knife
Keep stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.